Interested in working with an institution dedicated to cultivating American Muslim Leaders with the training, skills, and knowledge to help transform our communities for the better? Check out our open positions now and apply!
Student Services Facilitator
SCHEDULE: Part-time (20-30hrs/ wk)$15 – $20/ hourLOCATION: 811 S. Central Expy, Suite 350, Richardson, TX 75080(Local applicants only, this is an on-campus position)
The TISA student services facilitator implements innovative student-centered initiatives and activities that enhance the student experience at TISA and promote student satisfaction for all students. The facilitator oversees programming and events for all the academic programs at TISA. The position requires extensive interaction with prospective and current students, faculty, vendors, other TISA and partners staff, and future alumni. The candidate must have strong communication and project management skills, be an effective team player, and an excellent organizer to handle multiple tasks. Reports to Administrative Coordinator
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job
Admissions and Recruiting Responsibilities:
● Significant interpersonal communication with prospective students over the phone, as well as in-person and through email
● Discuss program details with prospective students through outbound and inbound phone calls
● Maintain accurate records and files through TISA’s database system for student candidates including professional and academic details about the candidate and logging all interactions (in-person meetings, phone calls, and emails)
● Consistently follow up and stay connected with those who have expressed academic interest in TISA Class and Event Management.
● Plan, implement and ensure the quality of TISA classes onsite and online by communicating with and making appropriate arrangements for the faculty, as well as arranging logistics for the students including but not limited to IT and equipment, course materials, and any issues related to student and faculty needs.
● Plan and implement TISA events as required, for example, recruiting, graduation, fundraising, and other events.
● Collect and maintain accurate and detailed records of TISA programs and class assessments, and evaluation for events including an of suggested improvements. Advisement:
● Serve as a resource for TISA students to answer questions and advise on issues associated with all components of the academic programs
● Meet one-on-one with candidates to discuss their specific concerns and needs and mentor and advise candidates on an academic path that best fits their situation
● Responsible for billing students, and reconciling fees and bills paid
● Assist the administrative coordinator (direct supervisor) of TISA on program implementation, budget tracking, and other projects as needed
Qualifications:● Four years of administrative, preferably in an academic setting, or equivalency● The ability to work independently and pay close attention to detail● Demonstrated human relations, communication and organizational skills ● A commitment to provide excellent customer service required. ● Some tasks require basic accounting skills.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description. Candidates will be screened based on Preferences.
Preferences:● A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is preferred. ● Experience in organizing/planning special events. ● Experience of effective verbal and written communication skills. ● Experience in offering high-level, fast-paced customer service in a student services environment that prioritizes the success of a student in their approach to academic advising. ● Ability to handle multiple tasks in an organized manner. Produce high-quality work with speed and accuracy. ● Excellent oral, written, and telephone communication skills and the ability to relate well to working professionals ● Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). ● Preference will be given to those able to work some evenings or weekends, as required.
Language: English (Required) Work authorization: United States (Required)
To APPLY, please complete the form linked below.
Director of Operations
SCHEDULE: Full TimeDepends on ExperienceLOCATION: 811 S. Central Expy, Suite 350, Richardson, TX 75080(Local applicants only)
The Islamic Seminary of America (TISA) is a relatively new institution dedicated to educating and nurturing those who aspire to be community volunteers, scholars, imams, chaplains, youth leaders and non-profit managers. As an independent graduate institution for Islamic leadership education, TISA aims to prepare the next generation of Muslim leaders and pacesetters in North America.
TISA’s student body, faculty, staff and board are intentionally diverse in recognition of the founding ethos of the community surrounding Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and the current multicultural mosaic that is Islam in North America.
Our mission is to cultivate generations of world class doers and thinkers who lead from an Islamic paradigm while engaging contemporary challenges and opportunities. Our vision is a world constantly bettered by religious scholarship and ethical leadership.
Unlike many other Islamic seminaries, TISA has been developed, governed, and managed by a group of people who:
-Take the idea of “text and context” seriously, by emphasizing that one must have a sophisticated, deep, and nuanced working knowledge of our sacred texts coupled with the ability to understand and operate effectively in various local contexts while applying necessary “people skills.”
-Believe that a verified level of Arabic proficiency must be required for our upcoming religious leadership as a key to maintaining our deep spiritual roots in this country.
-Are more reflective of the broad cultural and religious diversity of the men and women who make up the Muslim-American community.
-Represent decades of experience in developing, governing and running inclusive Islamic centers and other non-profit institutions with an emphasis on professional development and practical skill acquisition as needed.
-Have decades of experience in higher education as faculty and administration with a focus on quality, accessibility, and curriculum development.
TISA offers two degree programs – MA in Islamic Studies and a MDiv degree. In addition, TISA provides focused non-degree educational programs such its Youth Mental Health First Aid training initiative, through its Center for Ethical and Effective Organizational Leadership (CEEOL).
Aspirations for the future include: applying for accreditation; establishing a robust endowment; and pairing with seminaries from other faith traditions in combating religious illiteracy in North America.
Educational RequirementsA master’s degree or above is preferred. However, bachelor’s degree holder with strong relevant background will be considered. A degree in Islamic Studies, Chaplaincy, Comparative Religion, or a related field would be a plus. Candidates with an MBA or JD are also encouraged to apply.
The RelationshipsThe successful candidate will report to the institution’s President or designee. Direct reports will be assigned to the successful candidate by the President or their designee.
The LocationTISA is conveniently located in Serene Plaza in Richardson, Texas, with easy access to various parts of the Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) metroplex. The address is: 811 S. Expressway Suite 200, 2nd Floor, Richardson, TX, 75080. DFW has a large and vibrant Muslim community with scores of Islamic centers, schools and other non-profit organizations.
To apply or suggest a prospective candidate, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.