Guidelines for Authors
The Journal of Islamic Faith and Practice Invites :
- Original social science- and humanities-based research papers reflecting on all aspects related to Islamic faith and its practice in America
- Abstracts of dissertations, theses, and research findings related to the American Muslim community (700-1,000 words).
- Shorter reflection pieces of (2,000-3,000 words) by activists, imams, chaplains.
Assembly of the Manuscript :
Standard research papers should be 7,000-10,000 words in length or longer, but only if approved by the editor. The article should be in Microsoft Word format. All submissions must conform to the Journal guidelines: original, unpublished research; double-spaced and single-sided; and documented in the Chicago Style. A manuscript contains many parts: Title of the paper with an abstract and 3-5 keywords, text of the paper, references, footnotes, tables, figures, and appendices. Not all papers have all elements. However, if they do, this is the order in which they should be arranged.
Submission of Manuscript :
- Submission of abstracts: September 30, 2019
- Send the completed contribution by December 30, 2019, as an attachment, along with a 250-word abstract and a short bio
- Publication Date: July 1, 2020
Submissions are accepted via e-mail : email@example.com
Those whose papers are accepted may be invited to present them during the Journal of Islamic Faith and Practice workshop, which will be held at the Islamic Seminary Foundation’s annual Shura at Yale University in March 2020.